All the stuff you never knew you needed to know about life in rural France.....and all the stuff the books and magazines won't tell you.

Monday 6 July 2009

The NENO Award is given to "those who love blogging and love to encourage friendships through blogging, and to help others seek the reasons why we all love blogging."

Well, I was astonished and delighted to be given this award by Sunflower Ranch
http://sunflowerranch.blogspot.com/
whose blog always surprises me with the variety and quality of its offering not to speak of the avenues it opens by the blogs it suggests. It has certainly broadened my mind. Read it yourself and see.
The rules state that if accepting the award one must...
· Upload the image in your post·
Mention the person that gives you the award with their blog link·
Nominate your 5 blogs of choice with blog name and link·
Leave comment on the recipients' posts to let them know.

So, my five blogs are


Michele Philips
http://michelephillips.blogspot.com/
a blog from Albany, Western Australia. Find out the meaning of 'roflmao'....I did ask if I could use it, Michele and I do respect your copyright....

Open toe shoes
http://www.opentoeshoes.blogspot.com/
An American artist and her family living in Costa Rica, with a distinctive view on life, art and people...this is definitely not a 'what I did in my garden today...' blog.

Dirty feet and rubble in my hair
http://rozahol.expat-blog.net/
Expat life in rural France...told how it is, not the way it is supposed to be! We've all seen the 'how I converted two old sheds into the palace which I now wish to market by way of this blog'...well, this isn't like that. It's real.

French Fancy
http://frenchfancy.blogspot.com/
A cumulative story, which keeps inspiring you to do something else with your life other than whinge...I just wish you hadn't told us how expensive the Open University courses are for people outside the U.K.....my piggy bank died of fright!

Not waving but drowning
http://www.expat-blog.com/en/blog/europe/france/drowninginfrance.blogspot.com/
This could so easily be misery lit...but it's not. It's honest and open about a problem people don't like to discuss and it does us all a service by making us think about how we would cope.

Sorry about the inelegant links, the spacing, the general incompetence in computing......

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the award - I'm thrilled to bits. I'll have a good think about the five blogs I can pass it on to. By the way, plse don't think twice about roflmao, it belongs to everyone - it's been around for yonks. I've got the copyright statement on my blog because I was a journalist for nearly three decades and old habits die hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michele, I'm glad you're pleased. I love your blog...truly irreverent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fly!! Congratulations on your award! I am so pleased you have accepted it and in turn are passing it on to five extremely interesting blogs. I plan on exploring each one -- they all sound simply wonderful!

    Thank you so much, too, for your very kind words about Sunflower Ranch. I am honored you have enjoyed your visits there and I always look forward to your comments and contributions to the conversation.

    There is no need to apologize for your links and spacing -- you've done very well! I always enjoy my visits here -- best of everything for your continued success!! Keep up the great work!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunflower Ranch, thank you for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete